Updated January 21, 2022
The State Legislator has reversed the Salt Lake County mandate to wear masks while attending indoor gatherings. This reversal applies to all campus buildings, including Simmons Pioneer Memorial Theatre.
We will continue to request our patrons wear masks, in support of other patrons who benefit from such kind, and often, critical consideration.
Updated January 10, 2022
For the safety of our community, we ask that all patrons attending follow recent CDC guidance and Salt Lake County guidance which calls for everyone to wear face masks indoors, and encourages all attendees are fully-vaccinated.*
Please read the information as it applies to the U of U campus: https://attheu.utah.edu/facultystaff/new-covid-19-protocols-on-campus/
Do not attend any show if you have been exposed to COVID-19 or are feeling unwell. We will provide face masks for anyone who wants one.
We have been advised that the recent Salt Lake County mask mandate, in effect from January 8 to February 7 DOES apply to events at Simmons Pioneer Memorial Theatre.
Like many public spaces, we recently surveyed our patrons regarding attitudes about masking, vaccines, and attending theatre. We had nearly 1,000 responses. We are happy to report the following:
- Over 98% of our patrons report being fully vaccinated (more than two or three weeks past their last dose)!
- Over 83% believe it is important to wear masks all or most of the time.
- Over 81% believe masks should be worn in large public spaces.
- Some season ticket holders will find that their seating is modified. If you have questions about your seating or wish to modify your seating to accommodate social distancing, please contact the Box Office at 801-581-6961 or email@example.com.
- We will accommodate socially distant seating for The Messenger. Please call the box office for more information.
- PTC will be providing limited concessions.
- There will be no coat check for the 2021-2022 season; please plan accordingly.
- Hearing assist devices will be available, however we encourage you to bring your own wired earphones (not bluetooth).
- Our Lobby will only be open for patron arrival one hour before curtain time.
As we look to safely re-open, meeting the requirements of the University and of the professional arts organizations with whom we partner, you may experience more changes throughout the season.
Thank you for helping us ensure the safety of our patrons, staff, cast, and crew.