Actors Equity Association members who are local to SLC or have SLC housing are invited to submit an audition video online.
Online auditions can ONLY be submitted for a 24-hour period beginning Monday, January 3, 2022 at 9:00 a.m. The audition portal will remain open until Tuesday, January 4 at 9:00 a.m.
- All auditioners must be available to attend in-person call backs.
- Call backs are in person, by invitation only, on Saturday, January 15, 2022. Time: TBA
- Sides for Irene, Horace, and Cornelius are available below.
- All other characters and those auditioning for the Ensemble should prepare 32 bars from a stylistically appropriate song, preferably from the “Golden Age” of Broadway.
- A headshot and resume are recommended.
LINK TO SIDES:
- Prepare a side and callback from the following link: Hello, Dolly! Sides
- April 18, 2022 – May 12, 2022 (Rehearsal), rehearsals are eight hours daily. Monday–Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., and Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Additional hours will be added during Tech Week and changes in schedule will be announced as needed by the stage manager.
- May 13, 2022 – May 28, 2022 (Performance), nightly, Monday–Saturday with 2:00 p.m. matinees on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Call back information (if invited):
- Call backs are on Saturday, January 15, 2022. Time: TBA.
- Simmons Pioneer Memorial Theatre, 300 South 1400 East, Room 245, Salt Lake City, UT 84112
- All auditioners, especially those unvaccinated, are strongly encouraged to wear masks.
Cast breakdown for “Hello, Dolly!”
All roles, except Dolly, are available. Performers of all ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to audition.
HORACE VANDERGELDER (Vocal range: Baritone B3 to G5) Age: 40-60. He is the “well-known half a millionaire,” strong and gruff, but must also show a vulnerable, softer side.
CORNELIUS HACKL (Vocal Range: High Baritone) Age: 25-40. Horace Vandergelder’s charming chief clerk. He yearns to break free of his humdrum life and have a great adventure. Strong singer and actor, must move well.
BARNABY TUCKER (Vocal range: High Baritone) Age: 21-30. Young, naive assistant to Cornelius at Vandergelder’s Hay and Feed.
IRENE MOLLOY (Vocal range: Mezzo-soprano) Age: 30-40. A widowed milliner with a hat shop near 14th Street in New York City. She is fun loving and yearns for romance. Very strong singer and actress, should move well.
MINNIE FAY (Vocal range: Mezzo-soprano) Age 21-30. A young girl who works in Mrs. Molloy’s hat shop. Giggly and quirky she is very straight-laced but also delighted by the notion of behaving in a daring manner.
ERMENGARDE (Vocal range: Mezzo-soprano) Age 20-28. The weepy, often dramatic teenage niece of Horace Vandergelder. Must be a very strong dancer
AMBROSE KEMPER (Vocal range: Tenor) Age: 21-30. A young artist desperately seeking Horace’s permission to marry Ermengarde. Must be a very strong dancer
Featured Ensemble Roles
ERNESTINA MONEY An eccentric-looking girl in need of Dolly’s matchmaker services. Strong actress who sings.
RUDOLF RISENWEIBER Maître d’ of the Harmonia Gardens restaurant.
JUDGE A white-whiskered night court judge. Easily moved to tears by romance.
ENSEMBLE Looking for very strong dancers – singing a plus and singers who move well. All types, ages, and ethnicities encouraged to audition.