Parking & Directions
Pioneer Theatre Company is located on the University of Utah campus, directly across the street from Rice-Eccles Football stadium.
University parking for PTC performances is FREE, and there is a fair amount of it within a two-block distance of Simmons PMT. You will enjoy better parking than you receive at most downtown events, and you don’t have to pay for it.
- The 12 hour reserved parking stalls, the ones that are reserved until 8 pm, ARE AVAILABLE to PTC patrons during performances. Holders of those permits know those spots will not be held for them during PTC performances.
- The 24 hour reserved spots ARE NOT available.
- The lot to the north of the old Field House is available to PTC patrons at no cost.
We advise most patrons to park in the Rice-Eccles Stadium parking lot, which is a one-block walk from the theatre. Patrons who park in this lot should walk through the tunnel which passes under South Campus Drive (400 South) and takes them directly to the sidewalk leading to Simmons PMT. The tunnel is located in the northeast corner of the Rice-Eccles lot.
Take TRAX and leave your car behind. We are also located near Stadium Station on the University Line of TRAX light rail, which serves Salt Lake County all the way from Sandy to Daybreak, and even connects to the FrontRunner going north to Ogden and south to Provo.
Driving directions to PTC
- From Southeast, Salt Lake County — Take I-215 East to the Foothill Drive off-ramp. Follow Foothill Drive nearly four miles to 1300 East, turn right, proceed one block to 400 South and turn right. Get in the left hand lane and go one and a half blocks to the Simmons Pioneer Memorial Theatre parking lot, which will be on your left. Overflow parking is in the stadium to your right.
- From South/Southwest, Salt Lake County — Take I-15 North to the 600 South off ramp. Take 600 South until 500 East, and turn left on 500 East. Go two blocks to 400 South and turn right on 400 South (which turns into 500 South). Take 500 South until 1300 East, then turn left on 1300 East. Proceed one block to 400 South. Turn right on 400 South. Get in the left hand lane and go one and a half blocks to the Simmons Pioneer Memorial Theatre parking lot, which will be on your left. Overflow parking is in the stadium to your right.
- From Davis or Weber Counties — Take I-15 South to the Salt Lake City 400 South off ramp. Take 400 South (which turns into 500 South) to 1300 East, then turn left. Proceed one block to 400 South. Turn right on 400 South. Get in the left hand lane and go one and a half blocks to the Simmons Pioneer Memorial Theatre parking lot, which will be on your left. Overflow parking is in the stadium to your right.
Fine Arts for a Fine Audience
Each show at Pioneer Theatre Company brings new artists to Simmons Pioneer Memorial Theatre’s Loge Gallery, located on the Loge level of the theatre. Our gallery features local painters, sculptors and photographers chosen by George Maxwell, PTC’s Former Resident Scenic Designer and Loge Gallery curator, to complement the show taking place onstage.
Often the work shown in the Loge Gallery is available for sale, and a portion of the proceeds benefit the theatre. Visit the Loge Gallery during business hours, or before/after the show or at intermission, and experience some of Utah’s best fine artists.
On display during Christmas in Connecticut:
- Please note that masks are no longer required for PTC audience members.
- Socially-distanced seating is available at each performance. Please check in with PTC Staff if you would like to be relocated.
Pioneer Theatre Company is committed to making our theatre accessible. We provide wheelchair seating in all price ranges on the Main Floor of our theatre. Please contact Patron Services directly at 801-581-6961 or BoxOffice@PioneerTheatre.org for specific seating questions and/or needs.
Hearing Assistance Devices
PTC is pleased to provide a T-coil hearing enhancement system. Receivers can be picked up from the coat check on a first-come, first-served basis.
ASL Interpreted Performances
We will be providing interpreted performances on 2:00 PM the following days:
- Agatha Christie’s Murder on the Orient Express – October 7, 2023
- The Rocky Horror Show – October 21, 2023
- Christmas in Connecticut – December 2, 2023
- Native Gardens – January 27, 2024
- Bonnie & Clyde – March 9, 2024
- The Lehman Trilogy – April 13, 2024
- Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812 – May 25, 2024